Installation of the HitchSafe into the Receiver
1. Insert just the HitchSafe
(1) with the foam spacers
(2) into the receiver (Note on the body the white print "This Side Up").
Ford Truck Accessory
2. Pull out the pin retaining
bar (4) to its fullest extent
Ford truck accessory
3. Line up the Hitch Pin
holes (3) on the receiver with those on the HitchSafe.
You may have to remove one or more of the foam
spacers (2). - Approx 75% of hitches will require one spacer.
- Approx 20% will require 2 or 3 spacers.
- Less than 5% will have a 1/4" gap after using all
ford truck accessories
4. Insert the Hitch Pin
(5) with the foam seal into the Hitch Pin Holes
Ford truck accessories
5. While holding the Hitch
Pin in push in the pin retaining bar to capture the Hitch
6. Insert the combination
7. Push in the spring loaded
drawer in until it clicks and the catch release will pop
ford truck accessory
8. Scramble the dials
Notes on combination drawer:
- The drawer must be on the opening combination (the one
you set it
to) prior to inserting it into HitchSafe body. Otherwise
it will not
allow you to fully close the drawer.